1. I will not do a repeat of Joe or Toby (though hopefully will do other men in the course of the year, one at least).
2. I will find a fulfilling,
real job which leaves me with enough time to write, and then…
3. I will get published! Yay!
Back in the real world…
4. I will resume going for 45-minute runs at least 3 times a week, if only because I can’t a) afford the commute, or b) figure out how to cycle without getting damp patches on my bottom.
(Bored of real world.)
5. I will eat 50g chocolate MAX (I won’t do a repeat of
Max either) on a daily basis.
6. I will not pursue men, esp. at speed (cf. running resolution) on Valentine’s Day. Don’t ask.
7. I will learn to complete tasks, such as the above.
Come fly with
MBE in 2013!
And remember, it’s not about the journey, it’s about the packed lunch (not a euphemism).
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
chocolate, food, job, Joe, Max, New Year's Resolutions, running, sex, Toby, Valentine's Day, writing
My New Year’s Resolutions opened with:
1. Be more tolerant.
make the first move on a guy.
3. Only eat when hungry.
#1 and #3 were obviously never going to happen. As for #2, there’s been the occasional lapse in the form of a friendly text message:
Valentine’s Day, last Sunday…. I attribute these moments of weakness to a combination of lack of mail, and my desire for one irresistibly funny male.
Had he been less witty, I might have focused more of my efforts on #16, and my
houseplant might still be with us.
The Most Important Question In The World
A New Leaf